24 HOURS ANYTIME DAY OR NIGHT (206) 371-9870

Personal Injury FAQs

If I've been injured or in an auto accident, when should I call an attorney?

Its best to get legal representation as soon as you can. Make an attorney the first call you make immediately after you've been in a collision, not your insurance company. Insurance companies train their adjustors to call you as quickly as possible to interview you to try to limit your financial recovery. This includes your own personal insurance company as well. You should never give a recorded statement to any insurance company, including your own. Retaining legal representation is no cost to you and helps protect your rights immediately.

Who will pay my medical bills?

In most cases, your own insurance will pay and will be reimbursed upon settlement of your case. If you don't have insurance, your attorney will work on your behalf to make arrangements to try to have your bills "held off" until the case is resolved.

Can I see any doctor I want?

Yes. The law requires that you have a liberty interest to see any treatment provider you choose. This includes but is not limited to physicians (medical and naturopathic), chiropractors, physical therapists, massage therapists and acupuncturists. This is your choice and not the insurance company's.

What do I do if I can't work?

While your case is pending there may be insurance available to help pay for loss of income. At the very least the party who caused your wage loss is responsible for your compensation and this will be included as part of your settlement demand.

How long will my case take?

Every case is different depending on the nature of your injuries and the nature and duration of your treatment. We will do everything possible to get your case resolved as fairly and as soon as possible. However, you don't want to settle prematurely because this is your one and only opportunity to recover damages.

Here to Help

John Polito has been serving the residents of the greater Puget Sound for 30 years. Practicing in ALL counties of Washington, he is here to help.
CALL/TEXT JOHN NOW (206) 371-9870